Servings: 4 – 6
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 2h10
Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Want to be festive but not a big Guinness drinker? We have you covered with our Cannabis Infused Irish Stew. Please note that it is important to not have your pot at a high temperature when adding the Cannabutter as this will cook out the THC.
What you need:
- 1.5 pounds Chuck Stewing Beef, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Enough Flour to dredge beef
- 4 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 4 tablespoons Cannabis Infused Butter
- 1 large Onion, chopped
- 3 1/2-inch pieces peeled Carrots
- 6 large Garlic Cloves, minced
- 4 cups Beef Stock or Broth
- 2 cups Water
- 1 cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Dried Thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3 pounds Russet Potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Optional: Labs Cannabis CBD Isolate
1. Pat beef dry with paper towel. Sprinkle flour over Beef and season with salt.
2. Heat up a large pot with Canola Oil. Add beef to pot and flip with tongs to brown on all sides
3. Add carrots and Onion. Cook until Onions are translucent and then add Garlic.
4. Deglaze the pot with Guinness and Red wine. Reduce until all alcohol is cooked out of liquid.
5. Turn down heat to simmer and add Cannabutter
6. Add tomato paste, broth, and water.
7. Add diced potatoes, dried thyme, and bay leaves.
8. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 1.5h stirring often
9. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
10. Optional: Sprinkle Labs Cannabis CBD Isolate in your individual bowl to have a THC/CBD Balance. Mix. Use your own discretion: (i.e. 1/6 of container will give you 16.5mg CBD)